Thursday, July 07, 2005

Progressions in my Life

Family
Chatted with my cousin Kyn online. Cos didnt really get to meet up when she was back due to her tight schedule and also my aunt gave me the wrong date where we r supposed to gather at my grandma's place. so well, I've gotta wait till the next visit, so come back soon alright! =)
I'm happy to know that her siblings r doing well, and my uncle's biz is back to normal.

To Kyn: I'm so happy n surprised that you actually do read my blog. Haha. Cos I thought nobody would anyway. And I read yours too. Just wanted to let you in on my thoughts for the sexuality bit: to me, as long as you're happy in a relationship, it doesn't matter who you are or who your partner is. Labels in this society is just another part and parcel of life that we live and grow up with. You've always impressed me with your unique individuality (and I can't imagine you're having dreadlocks now), so keep it going. Your determination and the will to fight will keep you going. And when you fall, we are always behind you. Your loved ones, your friends. In Batman Begins, there was the initial scene where Batman (as a kid fell), and as his dad carried him in his arms, he asked: Why do we fall son? and he went on to say: Because each time we fall, it makes us want to stand up stronger. So no matter how tough going it is for u right now, one day, u will be able to see the silver lining. Whatever happens, we are on each other's side to support and keep the sanity in us going! *hugs*

Couple of things though that's bothering me:
1. My aunt's biz operations failed. got cheated by her china partner (and some folks can say I'm biased against them?! I think I've seen enough of these bad sheep, so don't tell me whats right!) and i guess she's probably in alot of shit now. haiz. imagine if i had agreed to signing up for the loan initially when she needed it to start up da comp, think i'll be in more shit den i can imagine. blessing in disguise from a painful lesson that i learnt previously.

2. Something's wrong with my mum. She's acting weird. Been giving me instructions on her wills lately, and stressed that I have to remember them. The worst: she told me life is unpredictable, humans r so fragile these days, and she might not be around by the end of this year. It FREAKED me out. TOTALLY. I cried. I'm not one who expresses my love for her openly, but I do, and I'm afraid of losing her even though I complain about her naggings, and control over me. I've lost my dad (i still miss him even though I no longer constantly feel the hurt), so I cannot imagine losing her again. Talked to my aunt about it, I hope they can have a heart-to-heart chat n find out what's going on in her life at the moment.


Friends & Colleagues
One of the things that I am most grateful for in life is my friends and a few colleagues whom are very close to me. Just wanna say: You may have entered my life at different phases, but each and everyone of you have stood by me and supported me one way or another, in tears and laughter, for better or worse. So thank you for having me in your life, without all of you, I'd probably would have ended up in the Hougang chalet by now.

Today is the departure of Wyatt and soon-to-be-leaving Agnes, who are both Shatec interns in our company. Thank you both for leaving me some happy and wonderful memories, and the very delicious Chocolate cake from Hyatt. Without both of u cranky nuts, I can't imagine how pathetic my life is going to become at that miserable corner. But such is life, people come and go. Pursue your dreams and may both of you succeed in getting your goals fulfilled. Will miss ya!


Love
For those curious on how it's going on, hey don't speculate! You know you'd always get the answers straight from the horse's mouth. And yes, we're still going strong even though we had our fair share of ups and downs. I'm not saying we do not get pissed off and upset with each other, we do! But we also manage to iron issues out, though not all the time, but it doesnt stop me from loving him any less.

During the past year, I have seen quite a fair bit of friends through failed relationships. I must say it has affected me in my views of everlasting love. I guess in these modern days, the world has evolved such that this "love" is something that belongs to a fairy tale and probably unattainable.

To my friends who are/have been hurt: I know it hurts. badly. feels like your heart is being ripped apart and ur soul eaten alive. but if u have the will to move on, one day, u will wake up n think that everything is back to normal and ur life can still carry on without him/her. For everything happens for a reason. Everyone has someone out there for them, YOU only deserve the best, nothing but the best.

No comments: